Hom Nursing Scholarship
We have some wonderful news to share with you! Introducing the Millie & Ken Hom Nursing Scholarship Program, a special initiative aimed at honoring the remarkable contributions of Millie Hom to the field of nursing in eastern Montana. Ken Hom established a permanent endowment with the Holy Rosary Healthcare Foundation back in 2005, with a vision to invest in the future of healthcare in our region.
Every year, scholarships are awarded to nursing students with ties to eastern Montana, providing them with incredible opportunities to pursue their nursing dreams and make a lasting impact on our community.
To be eligible for the Millie & Ken Hom Nursing Scholarship, applicants must fulfill the following criteria:
- Have spent at least 12 months of their life in eastern Montana.
- Be enrolled or accepted into an associate's, bachelor's, master's, or doctoral degree program related to nursing.
- Be pursuing a nursing degree and require financial assistance for the upcoming year of nursing education.
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 2.75 in their recent college or high school transcripts (up to the last two years).
- Demonstrate a genuine need for financial support to cover nursing educational expenses.
- Not have previously received the Hom Scholarship.
The selection committee will objectively evaluate all applications using the same evaluation tool. Written applications and supporting materials will be thoroughly reviewed, and finalists will be selected for in-person interviews. Rest assured, all applicants will be notified of the committee's decisions.
Multiple scholarships will be granted each year, and the number and value of scholarships will be determined by the selection committee.
Important Dates for 2023
All deadlines have come and gone for 2023.
Please check back in 2024.