Donations & COVID-19
Gift In-Kind Donation Guidelines
We live in a generous community which donates monetarily as well as gifts in-kind to patients at Primary Children's Hospital. Your contributions and donations help speed the healing process of children at our hospital.
While we love receiving your gifts including toys, blankets, and other in-kind donations, for the protection of our patients, we have restrictions surrounding this process. Please review our guidelines carefully to be certain your donations are acceptable. Please contact Kelly Casey for all gift in-kind inquiries.
- All donated items must be new. No used items will be accepted.
- Donations cannot have any donor identification or contact information (i.e. first or last names, phone numbers, email addresses, website, blogs, personal stories, etc.). If donations include any personal information, they will either be removed before distribution, or the donation may be declined based on the discretion of Foundation personnel.
- Donors will not be allowed to personally deliver gifts to patients or families.
- Donors should not expect to receive pictures, stories, or updates from patients or families.
- No medical equipment, baby formula, or wheelchairs are accepted.
- We do not accept violent toys or games (such as toy guns) or paddle balls.
- For durability and safety purposes, we prefer name brand items when possible.
- We do not accept gift-wrapped items.
Scheduling a Donation Delivery:
Follow the link below to schedule a donation delivery appointment. Once an appointment is scheduled, you will receive an email with delivery instructions. Please check your spam/junk folder. If you do not receive an email with delivery instructions, please email Kelly Casey.
We are NOT accepting the following items:
- Afghans and crocheted blankets
- Knit or handmade beanies and hats
- Hand sewn stuffed animals
- Used or gently used items
Most Needed Items
**Do not use or include any include any latex products in your donations i.e. balloons, gloves, rubber band bracelet kits, pencils with erasers, etc. Some of our patients are extremely allergic to latex products.**
- Coloring books (Boy, Girl, Neutral)
- School age coloring books
- Teen coloring books
- Sticker by number books
- Diamond painting books
- Markers, crayons, color pencils, water colors (Crayola preferred)
- Preschool and Figurine Sets
- Bluey, Mickey Mouse, Peppa Pig sets and castles, Cocomelon, PJ Masks, Gabby's Dollhouse, Frozen
- LEGO Kits – Size: small-medium
- Small Prizes
- Princess crowns, princess wands, dinosaurs, my little pony, Peppa Pig items, paw patrol, etc.
- Sensory Toys
- Kinetic sand, kinetic sand, Flarp, slime, fake snow, Orbies, water beads
- Hot Wheels, matchbox cars, small sets with tracks, monster trucks, remote control cars
- Nail polish
- Manicure sets, emery boards, nail art, bling
- Barbies (6 inches, 10 inches and sets)
- Disney princesses, multi-cultural, different skin tones, bald Barbies not needed, multiple sizes: Chelsea and Stacie size, curvy, athletic
- Actions/Super Heroes (6 inches, 10 inches and sets)
- Mini nerf guns
- Dinosaurs (all sizes)
- Baby dolls
- Full plastic body (no squishy or cloth parts)
- Accessories: clothes, etc.
- Books – English and Spanish
- Board books, Look and Find (easy) Tactile books, Poke-a-dot books
- Play-Doh, Nee Doh, Play-Doh Super Cloud
- If possible, avoid white/brown/black
- Fidget toys (kids age 3-18)
- Light spinners, stress balls, splat balls, monkey noodles, light up pop-tubes, pop-its, squish balls, mesh squish balls, mochies, goo jit zus, Slinkies, Rubix cubes, chew sticks, brain teasers, fidget spinners, flippy chain, fidget Cube
- Bubbles (1oz-4oz)
- Bubble blowers, Disney and non-Disney themed, wedding bubbles, wand bubbles
- Infant Items
- Teethers, rattles, no keys, Nuby, light up, musical, mobiles, bumpy balls, balls with balls in it, Zippees, cloth and crinkle books, Baby Einstein light up toys, muslin swaddle blankets
- Toddler Items
- Cause and Effect buttons-letters, colors, phones, tablets, cameras, controllers, remotes, etc
- Teen Items
- Wireless headphones, Nintendo Switch games, Nerf guns/bow and arrow, journals/blank books, polaroid, hover soccer ball, Nerf basketball hoop, x-box controller
- 25-piece, 50-piece, 100-piece (most requested), 200-piece, 300-piece, 500-piece, 3D wooden
- Board games and Card games
- Phase 10, Spot It, Dos, Playing/Face cards, Skipbo, Mancala, Uno, Cover Your Assets, etc.
- Connect 4, Jenga, Candyland, Battleship, Sorry!, Guess Who, Don't Break the Ice, Monopoly, Clue, Bop-It, Simon, escape games, Trouble, chess, checkers, Memory, Life, Jenga, etc
- Art Items
- Glue (1oz-4oz)
- Glue Sticks, Elmer’s school glue (liquid glue)
- Glue (1oz-4oz)
- Gift Cards
- *Please ensure gift cards are in increments of $5-$10; nothing larger than $10.
- Target, Amazon, Walmart, iTunes, Fast Food: Wendy’s, McDonalds, Fizz/soda shops, Starbucks/other coffee shops, Café Rio, etc.
- Sizes: Newborn- Adult XL (we service kids ages newborn- 21yo)
- Underwear (all sizes needed ESPECIALLY 2T, 3T, 4T, small and medium)
- Sports Bras (all sizes needed)
- Onesies- we prefer button NOT zip up onesies (this allows the cords and IV’s to run through the clothes more seamlessly)
- Sweat pants
- Sweat shirts
- Plain t-shirts
- Room Decoration Items
- Battery twinkle lights, tissue paper balls, window clings/ window stickers, cute teen items, window markers, etc.
- Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Teen Movies, Paw Patrol, Encanto, Turning Red, Raya, Cruella, Minions, The Bad Guys, Space Jam: A New Legacy, Luca, Clifford the Big Red Dog, The Lost City, Jungle Cruise, Spider Man: No Way Home, Uncharted, Sing 2, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Bluey, Peppa Pig, Mickey Mouse, Croods 2, Tinkerbell
- Cotton Sleepers - Newborn and 0-3 month sized cotton sleepers with snap fronts, similar to these. We cannot accept items made of terry cloth or polar fleece. We are especially in need of boy clothing.
- Cotton Rompers - Snap front cotton rompers, sizes newborn to 12 months, similar to these. We cannot accept items made of terry cloth or polar fleece. We are especially in need of boy clothing.
- Sleep Sacks - Zip-up swaddle sleep sacks, similar to these. We cannot accept items made of terry cloth or polar fleece.
*Please remember all items must be new and unused.