By using this online Service, you agree to abide by all of the terms on this site and on the sites that are linked to this site.
For Intermountain Healthcare and SelectHealth.
Request permission to use Intermountain materials.
What This Site Offers
- This online service (the “Service”) offers health, medical, and insurance information to help you.
- Intermountain Healthcare and SelectHealth offer you this Service on these conditions:
- that you are 18 years of age or older;
For Medical Advice and Diagnosis, Consult a Professional – Don’t Use this Site
THIS SERVICE IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS CONSULT A PHYSICIAN OR OTHER HEALTHCARE PROVIDER FOR PERSONAL MEDICAL ATTENTION AND ADVICE; DON’T USE THIS SERVICE AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR CONSULTING WITH YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER HEALTHCARE PROVIDER. WHILE THIS SITE PROVIDES INFORMATION, IT CAN’T DIAGNOSE YOUR HEALTH CONDITION OR ADVISE ON YOUR LIFESTYLE CHOICES. SEE A HEALTHCARE PROVIDER FOR MEDICAL ATTENTION AND ADVICE.
Thank you for your support and for joining our online community. Intermountain Healthcare and SelectHealth maintain a presence on social networking sites in order to encourage people and organizations to take an active role in leading healthier lives by sharing ideas and information with as many people as possible.
Although this Service and its links offer general information regarding health issues of infants, toddlers, adolescents, and minors, this Service does not solicit or accept information from any person younger than 18 years of age.
Please note: minors may access and read the information on Intermountain Healthcare’s “Live” site and SelectHealth STEP Express Web pages. If you are under 13 years of age, you may use this Service, Intermountain Healthcare’s “Live” site and SelectHealth’s STEP Express Web pages only with involvement and permission of a parent or guardian.”
Links to Other Sites
As a convenience to you, this Service provides links to other Internet sites. Neither Intermountain Healthcare nor SelectHealth endorses any third-party site, its information, services, or merchandise.
Prohibited Use of This Service
Intermountain Healthcare and SelectHealth provide access to the Service only for approved purposes. Only authorized users may access or use the Service. Intermountain Healthcare and SelectHealth may review, monitor, audit, and store information related to your use of the Service. By using the Service, you consent to that monitoring. Intermountain Healthcare and SelectHealth will forward any evidence of inappropriate use of the Service to their respective management or applicable law enforcement agencies, or both. Neither Intermountain Healthcare nor SelectHealth is responsible for the content of any system or application outside of their control. Even though each organization has taken reasonable steps and employed industry-standard practices and technology, Intermountain Healthcare and SelectHealth cannot guarantee the privacy or security of the Service.
No Warranties, Disclaimer of Liability, Indemnity by You
- WHILE INTERMOUNTAIN HEALTHCARE AND SELECTHEALTH TRY TO KEEP THE INFORMATION ON THIS SITE ACCURATE AND CURRENT, WE DO NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, CORRECTNESS, USEFULNESS, OR APPLICABILITY OF ANY MERCHANDISE, PRODUCT, INFORMATION, OR OTHER DATA OR ITEMS APPEARING ON THIS SERVICE. NEITHER INTERMOUNTAIN HEALTHCARE NOR SELECTHEALTH IS LIABLE TO YOU, OR TO ANY USER OF THIS SERVICE, FOR ANY DECISION MADE OR ACTION TAKEN IN RELIANCE ON THE MERCHANDISE, PRODUCTS, INFORMATION, CONTENT, OR OTHER ITEMS PRESENTED ON THIS SERVICE.
- NEITHER INTERMOUNTAIN HEALTHCARE NOR SELECTHEALTH DOES ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
- MAKES ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR ENDORSEMENT (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF TITLE OR NONINFRINGEMENT, OR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE) REGARDING THE MERCHANDISE, PRODUCTS, INFORMATION, OR OTHER CONTENT OR ITEMS APPEARING ON THIS SERVICE;
- WARRANTS THAT ANY DOWNLOAD FROM THE SERVICE WILL BE FREE OF ANY VIRUS, WORM, TROJAN HORSE, OR OTHER DATA ALTERING OR CONTAMINATING COMPONENTS (YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ENSURING THAT YOU HAVE TAKEN STEPS TO PREVENT CONTAMINATING COMPONENTS FROM INFECTING YOUR COMPUTER AND ITS DATA);
- IS LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, OR ANY OTHER MONETARY OR OTHER DAMAGE, FEE, FINE, PENALTY, OR LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THIS SERVICE OR TO ANY SITE ACCESSED THROUGH THIS SERVICE, OR FOR THE CONTENT OR INFORMATION ON THIS SERVICE OR ON ANY OTHER SITE (IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THIS SERVICE, THEN YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO STOP USING THE SERVICE); OR
- GUARANTEES CONTINUOUS OR UNINTERRUPTED ACCESS TO THIS SERVICE – OPERATION OF THIS SITE MAY BE INTERFERED WITH BY FACTORS BEYOND OUR CONTROL.
Copyrights, Trademarks, Service Marks, and Other Intellectual Property
- All information permitted to be reproduced or downloaded must include the following copyright notice, depending on the source of the information: © 2018 Intermountain Healthcare, Inc. All Rights Reserved or © 2018 SelectHealth, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
- You may print one copy of the Intermountain Materials for individual use. You may also direct your patients or colleagues to Intermountain Healthcare’s website so that they can read or print one copy of the Intermountain Materials for their personal use. You may not distribute any of the Intermountain Materials to a patient, colleague, or anyone else.
- You may link from your website directly to the URLs of individual Intermountain Materials on Intermountain Healthcare’s website, but you may not post any Intermountain Materials directly on your website.
- You may not modify any of the Intermountain Materials in any way, remove the Intermountain Healthcare name or logo, apply your own corporate logo, or extract text blocks, graphic images, or photographs for reuse in your own documents or the documents of others.
- You may not market or sell any of the Intermountain Materials either alone or packaged with other materials.
- The Intermountain Materials are provided on an "AS IS" basis without any warranty. Intermountain Healthcare disclaims all express and implied warranties concerning the Intermountain Materials, including implied warranties of title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. You accept all risk of use of, and reliance on, any Intermountain Materials.
- Many patient or provider education materials are available for purchase. To access Intermountain Healthcare’s ordering site, go to iprintstore.org. If you have questions, please contact Intermountain Healthcare at IPOffice@imail.org or 801-442-5756.
- Clinical or Member Benefit Information. Intermountain Healthcare and SelectHealth offer registered user access to personalized information. Using instructions on the My Health/Digital Front Door section on intermountainhealthcare.org and selecthealth.org, a patient or member may register to access services such as the following:
- an online view of portions of the patient’s or member’s electronic Intermountain Healthcare medical records and other general health information or tools;
- secure online messaging with participating physicians and their office staffs; and SelectHealth member support teams; and
- access to the member’s personalized plan or benefit information and other insurance tools.
- Access to Personalized Information.
- Not all Intermountain Healthcare clinics may offer My Health/Digital Front Door or the full services available in My Health/Digital Front Door.
- be at least 18 years of age, except where explicitly designated;
- understand that the options available with My Health/Digital Front Door depend on two conditions:
- use the registration process (Note: In-person identification or appropriate legal document or both may be required in some circumstances for registration); and
- specify either your Intermountain Healthcare clinic or your SelectHealth insurance plan;
- accept that neither Intermountain Healthcare nor SelectHealth can guarantee the privacy or security of your personal information, even though each organization has taken reasonable steps and has employed industry-standard practices and technology to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of this personal information;
- complete registration and use a personally identifiable username and password (i.e., credentials) before participating in My Health/Digital Front Door; and
- safeguard your credentials and not share the credentials with others, understanding that compromise of your credentials could allow personal information to become known to other parties.
- As a user of My Health/Digital Front Door, you agree to the following provisions:
- You acknowledge requesting access to portions of your health information or the ability to communicate over the Internet with your Intermountain Healthcare team—or SelectHealth team—concerning your health information using an electronic application called My Health/Digital Front Door.
- Intermountain Healthcare and SelectHealth may revoke your access to My Health/Digital Front Door, or discontinue the patient portal at any time and for any reason.
- You will only send online messages of a non-urgent nature. You understand that the physician’s office or SelectHealth customer service representative will take an average of one to two business days to respond to your electronic message. For emergencies, call 911 (or your EMS system) and not use My Health/Digital Front Door.
- You will use the online message system only for communications that are suitable for this medium. (Some communications with a provider are appropriate only in telephone conversations or in-person visits.)
- Secure messages exchanged between you and your participating physician’s office become a part of your permanent medical record. This information is confidential, but may be released at your request or under legal requirement. You understand that when signing up for health insurance coverage, you usually sign a general release that gives your insurance company permission to request your medical records.
- You agree to use appropriate discretion when sending online messages, particularly if you don’t want the information to appear in your permanent medical record.
- Messages sent to your Message Center might contain information that is important to your health and medical care. You are responsible to monitor these messages. You are liable for any loss, injury, or claims of any kind resulting from messages that you fail to read in a timely manner.
- To help in the delivery of care, any authorized person in your physician’s office may access your online messages between you and the physician's office.
- Online messages sent or received through the Service are for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient of a message, you are prohibited from reviewing, using, disclosing or distributing it or its contents. If you have received a message in error, please contact the sender by replying to the message and destroy all copies of the message and its contents.
- Neither Intermountain Healthcare nor SelectHealth warrants that your online view of your personal health information represents your complete, legal medical record.
- You remain responsible for exercising reasonable judgment with your use of My Health/Digital Front Door. Do not use My Health/Digital Front Door as a substitute for consulting directly with your physician or healthcare provider about your medical condition.
- You acknowledge that My Health/Digital Front Door may not be available all the time because of system failures, back-up procedures, maintenance, or other causes beyond the control of Intermountain Healthcare or SelectHealth.
- Your access to My Health/Digital Front Door is provided on an "as-is, as-available" basis; neither Intermountain Healthcare nor SelectHealth guarantees that you will be able to access My Health/Digital Front Door at any particular time.
- During times when My Health/Digital Front Door is unavailable, you should use other communication methods (e.g., telephone) to contact your physician, other healthcare provider, or SelectHealth customer service.
- Intermountain Healthcare is dedicated to helping improve your overall health by providing the opportunity to connect and share health information. In addition to the My Health/Digital Front Door Portal, Intermountain Healthcare may offer the ability to securely connect some of the health management applications you use (google health, fitness trackers, dietary trackers, etc.) to your health record. If you are interested in this opportunity, contact Online Services. Once your request is received, Intermountain Healthcare will work with the appropriate vendor to determine if they meet the technical requirements in order to establish a secure connection.
- Proxy Access
- This service allows parents, authorized stepparents, legal guardians, conservators, spouses, adult children and other homecare givers to access and use My Health/Digital Front Door on behalf of a patient of participating Intermountain Healthcare clinics or a SelectHealth member. Services available to proxy may depend on the options offered through the participating Intermountain Healthcare clinic. Intermountain Healthcare and SelectHealth retain ultimate authority to determine when to grant or remove access from My Health/Digital Front Door.
- If custodial rights change, the custodial guardian has the responsibility to notify the participating Intermountain Healthcare clinic, SelectHealth member services, or both.
- When you apply for proxy access, you may have to complete appropriate authorization forms or provide additional documentation or information upon request.
- Intermountain Healthcare and SelectHealth follow state and federal laws that require a minor’s consent for proxy access to reproductive information (e.g., birth control, pregnancy, STD, and related information) and other sensitive information. In certain circumstances, both the parent and the minor must be present in person to authorize access to the minor’s My Health/Digital Front Door information.
- Intermountain Healthcare or SelectHealth, as applicable, will revoke proxy access to a patient’s My Health/Digital Front Door information when any of the following occurs:
- The patient’s account is closed.
- The patient requests the proxy no longer has access.
- Expiration date of the proxy’s rights occurs.
- The proxy’s custodial rights of the patient change, and Intermountain Healthcare receives appropriate documentation of that change.
- Intermountain Healthcare or SelectHealth becomes aware that any portion of a proxy’s access is no longer permitted by applicable law.
- As a registered user, you may be asked to participate in patient-satisfaction surveys regarding your use of My Health/Digital Front Door. Intermountain Healthcare or SelectHealth, depending on which organization requests a survey, may analyze the information submitted or obtained as part of the survey, or of other descriptive (demographic) studies and reports. In those studies and reports, all of your personal identifying information will be removed.
- SELECTHEALTH’S BILLING AND ENROLLMENT SERVICES
- If your employer group or broker has signed up for this service, you may use the billing and enrollment services. This service is password protected and offers these benefits:
- New Enrollment, which allows a new hire or new subscribers to enroll or be enrolled in plan coverage;
- Open Enrollment, which allows employers and brokers to review and update benefit selections, which have been previously entered, and update other benefits during open enrollment period; and
- User’s Information, which allows employer, brokers, and members to update their information.
- The enrollee must be at least 18 years of age, except where explicitly designated;
- An enrollee must register and use personally-identifiable credentials to use the billing and enrollment services. Enrollee agrees to use good judgment in the selection of a password. Enrollee will safeguard your password and not share it with others, understanding that compromise of your password could allow personal information to become known to other parties;
- The enrollee understands that SelectHealth cannot and does not guarantee the security of your personal information, even though SelectHealth has taken reasonable steps and has employed industry-standard practices and technology to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of this personal information; and
- Either the enrollee or SelectHealth may cancel your participation in the billing and enrollment services at any time. You may cancel your participation by contacting SelectHealth at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 800-538-5038 and requesting that your participation be canceled.
- Private Information on This Service
- If you think that your personal information has been compromised on an Intermountain Healthcare or SelectHealth Web site, call Online Services at 801-442-5502 (Salt Lake area) or 800-442-5502 weekdays between 7:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m., and Saturdays, from 7:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
The models pictured on this site may or may not have received services from Intermountain Healthcare or SelectHealth.
Lawsuits Regarding This Service
If you sue Intermountain Healthcare or SelectHealth for anything relating to this Service, you submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction of the appropriate court in the State of Utah, whether federal or state. The non-prevailing Party in a lawsuit relating to this Service hereby agrees to pay the costs and expenses of the lawsuit, including reasonable attorneys’ fees incurred by the prevailing party.