Learn how to actively engage in your own health and well-being and discover peace of mind through Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction. (MBSR)
This 9-week, 10-session course will provide you with
- Guided instruction in mindfulness meditation practices.
- Gentle stretching and mindful yoga.
- Group dialogue and mindful communication exercises to enhance awareness in everyday life.
Who will benefit? Individuals who are
- Experiencing stress related to home, school, family pressures, illness, grief, etc.
- Managing medical conditions such as chronic pain, high blood pressure, fibromyalgia, cancer, heart disease, asthma, etc.
- Dealing with psychological/emotional distress including anxiety, depression and panic.
- Desiring an enhanced wellness and growth, a sense of well-being, an improved ability to take better care of oneself by feeling an increased sense of balance, and the ability to manage and enjoy life on a day to day basis.
MBSR is taught by certified MBSR instructor Tanji Wolfert. According to the Center for Mindfulness at UMass Medical Center, Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction can help you “learn how to take better care of yourself through the interplay of mind and body - and mobilizing your own inner resources for coping, growing and healing.”
Meet the instructor:
Tanji is a licensed mental health professional and a Qualified Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Instructor. She obtained her MBSR training through the University of Massachusetts Medical School’s Center for Mindfulness in Medicine, Healthcare, and Society founded by Jon Kabat-Zinn in 1979. She lives an active life centered on family and enjoys being outdoors walking her dogs, backpacking with her boys and husband, snow skiing, and boating. Her passions include physical, emotional, and spiritual wellness --and maintaining an ongoing professional and personal study and practice of mindfulness, meditation, yoga, nutrition, as well as transcendent wellness.