The Weigh to Health Program is an accredited Diabetes Prevention Program for overweight adults who want to lose weight. Our program uses evidence based methods to increase physical activity, improve nutrition, and address health concerns like prediabetes and other weight related conditions.
This program works because:
- It's Personal. One-on-one visits and small class sizes allow participants to focus on overcoming their barriers to reach their health goals.
- It's Professional. The program is facilitated by registered dietitian nutritionists who are experts in weight loss and lifestyle change. Expert guest facilitators may present on other topics such as stress management and exercise.
- It's Proven. The program is based on the latest science for diabetes prevention, weight loss, and how to help you make changes that last for a lifetime.
The Weigh to Health Program includes 22 sessions over a 12-month period:
- Orientation session, where you'll discuss basic principles of weight management and diabetes prevention. You must register for and complete orientation before attending any of the other sessions.
- Four 60-minute sessions with a registered dietitian nutritionist. Together you'll set, review, and personalize your plan for physical activity, nutrition, weight loss and overcoming barriers.
- Eighteen 90-minute group sessions.
- Group sessions are led by a registered dietitian nutritionist, with guest facilitators such as exercise and behavior specialists, chefs and more.
Group session topics include:
- Exercise Core
- Behavior Core
- Principles of Healthy Eating
- Eating Out and Special Occasions
- Body Image
- Menu Planning
- Weight Maintenance
- Intuitive Eating
- Grocery Shopping
- Healthy Cooking
- Stress Management
- Emotional Eating
The Weigh to Health Program may be covered by your insurance plan. To determine benefit eligibility, please contact your insurance carrier for coverage details.
Medicare will begin reimbursing for The Weigh to Health Program in late 2018 for members who meet the follow eligibility requirements:
- Body Mass Index >25 (>23 if of Asian descent) AND meet one of the conditions below
- History of Gestational Diabetes
- Blood test within the last year indication prediabetes
- Positive prediabetes risk test (CDC Screener)
SelectHealth Commercial and Educators Mutual Members
SelectHealth Commercial and Educators Mutual plans will cover the full cost of the Weigh to Health Program once annually. To qualify for coverage, the SelectHealth Commercial/Educators Mutual member must:
- Complete The Weigh to Health Program.
- Start the program with a BMI ≥30.
- Start the program with a BMI of 29.9 or less with at least one of the following health conditions:
- For SelectHealth Commercial members: hyperlipidemia, dyslipidemia, coronary artery disease, hypercholesterolemia, hypertension, diabetes, metabolic syndrome, prediabetes, sleep apnea, celiac disease, crohn’s disease, small bowel syndrome, congestive heart failure, or reflux disease.
- For Educators Mutual members: cardiovascular disease or diabetes.
Payment of the program fee can be made upon entrance into the Weigh to Health Program for those who do not have or do not qualify for insurance coverage and would like to participate.
Contact Info for Orientation Registration
American Fork Hospital Class
Dixie Regional Medical Center Class
Intermountain Medical Center Class
Layton Clinic Class
LDS Hospital Class
McKay-Dee Hospital Class
Riverton Hospital Class
Utah Valley Hospital Class