Information Sessions Available in 2023 for Utah Programs!
- Join us at ASHP Midyear during the in-person residency showcase the afternoon of Tuesday, Dec 5th (Booth 6034).
- We will also be available during the virtual ASHP residency showcase on Dec 14th.
- Additionally, you can learn about our Utah-based PGY1 residency programs by attending one of the virtual information sessions below. Click here to register.
- Tuesday, Nov 7th at 4:30 PM MST (6:30 PM EST; 3:30 PM PST)
- Thursday, Nov 16th at 4:30 PM MST (6:30 PM EST; 3:30 PM PST)
The combined PGY1/PGY2 medication-use safety and policy pharmacy residency at Intermountain Healthcare provides residents with 2 years of specialized training within a large, integrated health care delivery network. Upon completion of this program, the resident will be prepared to work as a specialist in drug information, medication policy, formulary management, or medication safety in a variety of practice settings.
Why should you consider pursuing a career in these practice areas?
- Work in a unique, growing area of practice
- Develop strong skills in leadership, communication, continuous improvement, and multidisciplinary collaboration
- Promote a culture of safety and create high-reliability organizations in health care
- Tackle the challenges of balancing rising drug costs with the clinical importance of optimizing patient care
- Apply critical medication safety principles to make positive medication-use process changes
- Drive evidence-based medicine at the level of an individual hospital or a multi-site health system
- Work on projects that have a profound impact on patients' lives