Our Athlete Services
Proper hydration and nutrition is essential for all successful athletes. Sports Nutrition at TOSH is designed to teach athletes, parents, and coaches about the relationship between nutrition and sport performance. Our services are available to all athletes - from recreational to the elite level and include:
- Individualized counseling
- Screening and treatment for at risk behaviors in young athletes (disordered eating and related complications)
- Group workshops
Services are available to all athletes - high school, club, or recreational. TOSH offers a monthly sport nutrition workshop with hands-on food and cooking experiences for young athletes (ages 9-18) as well as a semi-monthly adult sport nutrition workshop. Nutrition workshops can be tailored to meet the needs of specific athletes, and coaches are encouraged to set up private clinics for teams and parents.
Individualized nutrition counseling, among other topics, may include:
- Specific nutrition recommendations based on training, performance, and weight goals
- Body composition assessment
- Meal planning
- Dietary analysis
- Race nutrition planning and strategy
- Eating disorder treatment and counseling
The Athletes’ Kitchen at TOSH
The kitchen is used to teach healthy cooking and eating habits for groups and individuals. Workshops can be provided for youth and adults.
- The Athletes' Kitchen is located on the second floor in the Administration department. To get there, use entrance #2 (Physical Therapy and Sports Medicine) and take the stairs or elevator to the right of the Physical Therapy front desk.
Youth Sports Nutrition Workshops
TOSH offers sports nutrition workshops for athletes (ages 9-18) free of charge. Click here or call the phone number for TOSH Nutrition listed on this page, for more information.