Proper hydration and nutrition is essential for all successful athletes. Sports Nutrition at TOSH is designed to teach athletes, parents, and coaches about the relationship between nutrition and sport performance. Our services include:
- Individualized counseling
- Screening and treatment for at risk behaviors in young athletes (disordered eating and related complications)
- Group workshops
Services are available to all athletes - high school, club, or recreational. TOSH offers a monthly sport nutrition workshop with hands-on food and cooking experiences for young athletes (ages 9-18) as well as a semi-monthly adult sport nutrition workshop. Nutrition workshops can be tailored to meet the needs of specific athletes, and coaches are encouraged to set up private clinics for teams and parents.
Individualized nutrition counseling, among other topics, may include:
- Specific nutrition recommendations based on training, performance, and weight goals
- Body composition assessment
- Meal planning
- Dietary analysis
- Race nutrition planning and strategy
- Eating disorder treatment and counseling
The Athletes’ Kitchen at TOSH
The Athletes' Kitchen is located on the second floor of the Administration part of TOSH. To get there, enter through Door 2 and take the stairs or elevator next to the Orthopedic Specialty Group Clinic.
The kitchen is used to teach healthy cooking and eating habits for groups and individuals. Workshops are provided for youth and adults.
Monthly youth workshops rotate through a series of topics including:
- Cooking 101 for Athletes
- Better School Lunches
- Recovery Nutrition
- Making Travel & Snack Packs
- What's in the Pre-Game Meal?
Additional topics will be added upon request, and privately arranged clinics will address specific team/group concerns.
Adult workshops can focus on a variety of seasonally-appropriate topics and have included:
- Incorporating Vegetable Protein
- Seasonal Eating for Athletes
- Eating for Endurance Training
- Meal Planning for Athletes