About Kids Clubhouse
The Kids Clubhouse in the Eccles Primary Children's Outpatient Services building is a sibling playroom available for families while patients and parents are in appointments. Families can drop off well siblings on the way to a clinic appointment and pick them up afterward, allowing parents and providers to focus solely on the patient during the appointment. Patients that are not currently sick are also welcome in the playroom in between appointments, or if the clinical staff would like to speak with the parents one-on-one. The clubhouse is located on the first floor of the Eccles Primary Children's Outpatient Building.
Current hours are Mon. - Thurs. 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. and Friday 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Capacity is limited and dependent on volunteer availability. The playroom is lock secured and children are always supervised by staff or volunteers; they are never left alone.
Kids Clubhouse Rules & Requirements
- Children must be 2 years of age and older. We do not have a maximum age limit, though most activities in the playroom are catered toward ages 2 - 12.
- Children must be potty trained
- Masks required for all visitors
- Children cannot be sick; we reserve the right to refuse entrance to anyone with visible symptoms
- Children cannot require medical monitoring, care, or medication administration.
- No food or drinks allowed
- No personal items (e.g., toys, blankets, etc.)
- No cell phones
- Parents/guardians will be required to show I.D. when picking up a child.
Children's visits to the playroom are limited to 3 hours at a time. Because they are not being fed and the playroom is limited in size, it's important for kids to take a break. They may leave with a parent or guardian for 20 - 30 minutes and return for another 3 hours if needed.
What Happens in Kids Clubhouse?
The playroom is a completely secure and supervised area for children to play with toys, arts and crafts, play-dough, silly putty, board games, card games, video games, and much more. When your child arrives, they will be given a name badge and we will review the Kids Clubhouse rules for the children to follow in the playroom. These rules include:
- No standing on furniture
- If you make a mess, clean up
- Use your manners
- Have fun!
If children are younger than 2 years old, or not potty trained, an adult from their party may stay in the playroom with them for the duration of the visit.