Can a new app make living with type 1 diabetes easier? That’s the question Intermountain researchers are hoping to answer, and you can help. Intermountain and SelectHealth has partnered with CareCentra to see if MyMoBeMap — a user-friendly app that uses nudge technology to display how you’re doing — can help make it easier for people living with type 1 diabetes to manage the complex disease.
Researchers are looking for 500 study participants who meet the following requirements:
- Must be 18 years or older and living with type 1 diabetes
- Must be a SelectHealth member
- Must have a smart phone
- Must be able to communicate (write, read, and speak) fluently in English
- Must be a Utah resident
- Must agree to participate via email/text
- Must not be pregnant or become pregnant in the next six months
If you or someone you know has type 1 diabetes and is interested in trying the free app and participating in the study, click intermountainhealthcare.org/t1dtechstudy. If you have questions, email IMT1D@imail.org.