About the Class
Sign up for a required information session to learn more about the Weigh to Health.
You will join a free, live Microsoft Teams meeting with one of our dietitians. You will be able to ask questions and learn more about:
- Program expectations
- Payment and insurance coverage options
- Filling out required pre-registration paperwork
- Next available cohorts in your area
- How to register
Why Choose the Weigh to Health?
Weigh to Health is a one-year CDC recognized Diabetes Prevention Program for adults who want to lose weight. The program uses evidence-based methods to improve nutrition, increase physical activity, and address health concerns like prediabetes, diabetes, heart disease, and other chronic conditions.
The Weigh to Health Program includes 16 sessions over the first 6-months, with 7 sessions in the second 6 months:
- Three 60-minute sessions are with a dietitian. Together, you will be able to make a personal nutrition, physical activity, and health plan.
- Twenty 90-minute group sessions are led by a dietitian. Several sessions will have guests such as exercise specialists, chefs and more.
Goals of the program include:
- Participate in all 23 sessions
- Track food and activity each week
- Build up to 150 minutes of physical activity each week
- Lose 5-7% total body weight