15 January 2019
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Visit the U-Train website to register
Course ID# 1063694
The Intermountain Center for Disaster Preparedness will present the FEMA/CDP Personal Protective Measures for Biological Events (PPMB) one day course.
PPMB focuses on the challenges faced by first responders and healthcare professionals when managing patients with highly infectious diseases. Participants will learn about hazards specific to infectious disease incidents, exposure control plans, and will practice working in personal protective equipment.
- Hazards specific to infectious disease incidents in a healthcare setting
- Exposure control plans
- Best practices and most current guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and the World Health Organization
- Use and limitations of PPE
- Donning and doffing of PPE Level C, including practical exercise
- Patient decontamination procedures
- Technical decontamination processes and procedures
Responders and Receivers such as: Emergency Medical Services personnel, Law Enforcement personnel, Public Health personnel, Public Works personnel, and Hospital personnel.
This course is free of charge to all participants.
Intermountain Center for Disaster Preparedness
at LDS Hospital
325 8th Avenue and C Street, Salt Lake City, UT 84143