Intermountain Homecare is proud to have been serving the communities of the Wasatch Front and Southern Idaho for more than 30 years. As part of the Intermountain Healthcare system, Intermountain Homecare is Utah’s only full service not-for-profit homecare provider and offers services to individuals in need, without regard to race, religion, national origin, disability, age or ability to pay.
Though hospital nurses were making frequent home nursing visits as early as the 1960s, Intermountain Home Health Services was originally formed in 1984, providing: adult and pediatric care, occupational therapy, speech therapy, physical therapy, and social services. In 1994, Intermountain Home Health Services was administratively combined with Intermountain Medical Equipment and Supplies, Hospice of Intermountain, and Intermountain Home Infusion Therapy (previously known as Omnicus). The new entity was known as Intermountain Home Care Services, later changed to Intermountain Homecare & Hospice.
Today the four business lines of Intermountain Homecare & Hospice are represented in 12 communities across Utah and southern Idaho with: 11 Home Health and Hospice offices, 12 home medical equipment locations, and 2 Infusion Therapy locations serving all service areas.
Intermountain Homecare & Hospice makes approximately 186,000 home visits every year and serves more than 10,000 patients each month. Our fleet of 80 vans makes nearly 100,000 deliveries each year, and Intermountain Homecare & Hospice ships more than 14,000 parcels to patients each year.
With nearly 900 employees in 12 service areas, Intermountain Homecare & Hospice provides services supporting the communities served by each of Intermountain Healthcare’s hospitals and facilities.
As part of Intermountain Healthcare's charitable mission, in 2013 Intermountain Homecare & Hospice provided more than $3.7 million in charity care to patients in need.
Leadership & Advisory Board
The unpaid volunteer board that advises Intermountain Homecare & Hospice:
- Spencer Larkin, MBA - Chair - Larkin Mortuary
- Derek Brown, BA, JD - Vice Chair
- Carter Dredge - Assistant Vice President and Administrator, Intermountain Homecare
- Brent Wallace, MD - Chief Medical Officer, Intermountain Healthcare
- Gary J. Measom, APRN, PhD - Dean, Dept of Nursing, Utah Valley State College (UVSC)
- Michael H. Day - Henry Day Ford (retired)
- Kim Henrichsen - Senior Vice President, Clinical Operations & Chief Nursing Executive, Intermountain Healthcare
- Tomás D. Valdivia MD, MS - ClearVoice Health
- Ann Horton, BA in English & Education
- Jeff McNally, MD - Regional Chief Medical Director Intermountain Homecare & Hospice / System Palliative Care