Inpatient Psychiatry care at LDS Hospital is managed by a multidisciplinary team consisting of the patient, psychiatrists, social workers/case managers, nurses, recreation therapists, patient care attendants, and other supporting hospital personnel.
Patients meet with a psychiatrist and social worker every weekday, and at least once during the weekend. Additionally, patients are strongly encouraged to attend and actively participate in groups and therapeutic activities.
Visiting a Patient
The Inpatient Psychiatry unit at LDS Hospital is a locked and secure behavioral health unit. In order for anyone to contact or visit a patient, they must have a four digit patient access code. It’s the responsibility of the patient to share their access code with friends and family. If anyone attempts to contact a patient and doesn’t have an access code, our staff will not confirm or deny the patient is on the unit. This is to ensure patient privacy rights are upheld.
Visitors are allowed from 6 to 7 p.m. each day (subject to change- notice will be given in advance). Patients may have up to three visitors at a time, and no visitors under the age of 14 are permitted (requests for exceptions may be made to the day charge nurse. It’s at their-discretion whether an exception may be granted).
Additionally, if you’d like to call a patient, incoming phone calls are taken Monday through Saturday from 12 to 1 p.m. and 5 to 9 p.m. Messages will be taken for calls received outside of these hours.
If you wish to bring something for a patient staying in inpatient psychiatry, please understand that items must be left at the front desk with a staff member. Visitors are not allowed to bring items for patients onto the unit themselves.
Unit Approved Items
- Eyeglasses, contacts, dentures, orthodontia care, hearing aids
- Three unit appropriate books/magazines, non-spiral bound notebook/journal, coloring/puzzle books
- Unit provided hygiene items
- Non-toxic crayons
- Fresh cut flowers (no vases, flower food, ribbons, or roses permitted)
- Three photos of family (without frames)
- A wedding ring
- Three sets of clothing (consists of tops, bottoms, underwear, and socks)
- Clothing Items Not Allowed On Unit Include:
- Tank tops (including undershirts), items with hoods, belts, shoes with laces, heels, boots, skirts/dresses, leggings, hats, items with strings/cords, revealing clothing, turtleneck sweaters, or anything that depicts or promotes inappropriate content
- Other clothing items may/may not be not permitted at staff discretion
Unit Non-Approved Items
Items such as (but not limited to):
- Electronics (including cell phones)
- Personal hygiene items
- Outside food/drink
- Personal medications
- Tobacco or vaping products
- Jewelry (including piercings)
- Personal linens/pillows
- Walking canes and crutches
- Illicit drugs or alcohol