Intermountain Healthcare offers phlebotomy training to those looking to make a difference as a skilled phlebotomist.
The five-week phlebotomy courses are offered several times per year as needed. Students are paid an hourly rate of $8.65/hour while in training and are benefits eligible.
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to speak, read, and write English
- At least one year of previous customer service experience preferred
- Basic Life Support certification (BLS) for healthcare providers
- Ability to complete a clinical externship at various Intermountain Healthcare hospitals
Classes are held at Intermountain Employee Services Center:
5245 South College Drive
Salt Lake City, UT
- The training course is five weeks. During the first two weeks, students are in the classroom. During the second three weeks, students complete a clinical externship at various Intermountain Healthcare hospitals.
- Students attend 40 hours per week of training and must be available to work full eight-hour shifts that will include mornings, afternoons, evenings, nights, and weekends.
- Practical training sessions will be held at Alta View Hospital, LDS Hospital, TOSH - The Orthopedic Specialty Hospital, Riverton Hospital, and Intermountain Medical Center.
- Students must be able to attend all classes and practical training.
After successfully completing the phlebotomy training course, students are required to work for Intermountain Healthcare Laboratory Services at Intermountain Medical Center, Alta View Hospital, TOSH, Riverton Hospital, or LDS Hospital, and may include associated clinics and physicians offices.
A work commitment of 12 months is required or the student reimburses Intermountain Healthcare $1,500 to cover the cost of tuition and training materials.
At the completion of the course, students may apply for open positions. Students remain in the phlebotomy float pool and are required to work at least 12 hours per pay period until they obtain a position. Benefits eligibility begins once students obtain a regularly scheduled position of 24 or more hours per week.