- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to work in a team environment under stressful situations
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to speak, read, and write in English
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Basic Life Support certification (BLS) for healthcare providers
- Preferred: at least one year of previous customer service experience
Length of the Course
The training course is four weeks. The first two weeks are primarily hands-on training in the classroom setting. The remaining two weeks students complete a clinical externship at various Intermountain hospitals and draw sites.
Because Intermountain is providing a paid training course, students are required to sign an employment agreement which states that the student will work 2080 hours (equivalent to 1 year full-time or 2 years part-time) at one of the locations below after successful completion of the Training Program.
Hours and Location
Students will earn $13.20/hour and will be full-time Intermountain employees working 40 hours per week. The hours for the class and clinical rotations will range from 4:00 am start time to 5:30 pm end time. Classes are held at the Employee Services Center, 5245 S. College Dr., Murray, UT. Students are also required to attend clinical rotations at Intermountain Hospitals or associated physician clinics during the course.