Intermountain Healthcare offers its postgraduate Administrative Fellowship Program to select graduates from accredited programs in the following areas:
- Health Services Administration
- Business Administration with a concentration in Health Services
Fellows receive exposure to the operation of an integrated delivery system and increase their understanding of management in a dynamic healthcare setting through participation in a wide variety of projects, meetings, and other professional experiences.
- Cultivate a philosophy, code of ethics and set of values in a company dedicated to excellence in patient care and healthcare administration
- Develop leadership skills
- Acquire marketable administrative and technical skills
- Demonstrate management potential in specific areas at various levels through diversified line and/or staff responsibilities that will contribute to the organization
- Provide a bridge from academia to practice
- Expose talented individuals to the philosophy, mission, and values of Intermountain
- Provide the opportunity for executives of Intermountain to develop and exercise teaching and mentoring skills
Process and Timeline
- The fellowship is a one-year program beginning in midsummer
- A competitive salary is negotiated each year
- Intermountain pays for the fellow to attend one instructional conference during his or her tenure
- Intermountain covers moving expenses
Intermountain offers a fellowship position on odd numbered years (i.e. 2015, 2017). Applications are accepted online in September or October of the preceding year. For exact application deadlines, email email@example.com.
Applications generally require the following items:
- Written essay of the applicant’s career goals and objectives
- Two letters of recommendation, including at least one from either the director of the applicant’s graduate program or the applicant’s academic advisor
Interviews with the top applicants will take place at Intermountain’s headquarters in Salt Lake City, Utah.