Volunteering at McKay-Dee
Each year, our dedicated volunteers provide an average of 37,000 hours in volunteer service at McKay-Dee Hospital.
Volunteers at McKay-Dee Hospital are vital to our mission. Without their dedicated service, we would be unable to provide all the services our communities enjoy and deserve. Our volunteers are committed to supporting community health and are eager and willing to serve their friends and neighbors. Volunteers provide service at many events and programs throughout our community, as well as hospital and hospice care.
Who can volunteer?
You can volunteer at McKay-Dee Hospital if you are older than 14 years old. If you are over 18, you are required to pass a background test and drug screen. Other requirements include:
- Provide a character reference
- Complete new volunteer orientation requirements
- Comply with volunteer health requirements: a tuberculosis screening, T-DAP Vaccination, and proof of current imnunizations
- Be physically able to complete the tasks required of the volunteer position
What will I do as a volunteer?
It is a privilege to volunteer at McKay-Dee Hospital and provide patients and visitors with the highest level of service. Volunteers at McKay-Dee:
- Increase feelings of empathetic understanding
- Ease emotional stress for patients and their families
- Provide kindness and courtesy to patients, their families, hospital staff, and fellow volunteers
- Promote and suppors interest in health-related careers
- Show desire to learn more about McKay-Dee Hospital to better assist patients and visitors and share our mission and vision.
How do I volunteer?
Fill out an online application for a volunteer position. You will be placed according to your skillset and availability as well as the availability of positions at the hospital.