Pork and rice noodles accompanied with fresh vegetables, drizzled with a sweet Vietnamese dressing and topped with peanuts.
Gluten and Dairy Free
- 1½ tbsp. lime juice
- 5½ tbsp. granulated sugar
- ½ tsp. fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp. fish sauce
- 1 tsp. sambal sauce
- 2 tsp. Thai sweet chili sauce
- 5 tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh basil
- 1½ tsp. fresh mint
- ¾ cup water
Vietnamese Noodle Salad
- 5 each 4oz fresh pork cutlet
- 2½ tbsp. brown sugar
- 2½ tsp. ground paprika
- 2½ tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tbsp. ginger, pureed
- 2 tsp. fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tbsp. white wine
- 5 cups rice noodles, cooked (per pkg instructions)
- 1 ½ tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 ½ cups fresh carrots, shredded
- 5 cups romaine lettuce, shredded
- 2 ½ cups fresh cucumber, peeled, julienned
- 1 ¼ cups red onion, julienned
- 2 tbsp. dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- Place all ingredients in a blender; puree. Chill.
- Preheat oven to 320F.
- Prepare pork by lightly scoring in a diamond pattern.
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients for the rub; evenly cover both sides of the pork.
- In a pan sprayed with non-stick pan coating, over medium heat; brown both sides of the cutlet. Place pork in an oven safe pan.
- Deglaze pan with wine; pour pan sauce over pork.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until an internal temperature of 145F is reached; slice into ½” strips for salad.
- Toss rice noodles with sesame oil.
- Divided equally; place noodles in a bowl, add fresh ingredients into spate piles around the bowl.
- Place 1 sliced pork cutlet in the middle of the fresh ingredients per salad.
- Drizzle 2 ounces of dressing on each salad; garnish with chopped peanuts