Greek-inspired, this tender chicken has a tasty twist. Honey adds a touch of natural sweetness to the earthy flavors of roasted root vegetables. A whole wheat roll and fresh fruit in season make perfect compliments to this meal.
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup plain bread crumbs, fine
- 1 tsp. basil leaves, dried
- 1/4 tsp. ground paprika
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 5 each 4oz chicken breast, boneless, skinless
- 1/3 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1-2/3 tbsp. tzatziki sauce
Honey Roasted Root Vegetables
- 3/4 cup sweet potato
- 3/4 cup turnip
- 3/4 cup parsnips
- 3/4 cup carrot
- 1/2 cup rutabaga
- 3/4 cup red onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp. pure honey
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix parmesan, bread crumbs and seasoning.
- Dip chicken in milk, then coat with breading/cheese mixture.
- Place chicken on a sheet pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray; bake, until an internal temperature of 165F is reached (about 15 minutes).
Honey Roasted Vegetables
- Wash, peel, and cut sweet potato, turnip, parsnip, carrot and rutabaga into a 1" dice.
- In a large bowl, toss vegetables with the honey, olive oil, and salt.
- Coat sheet pan with cooking spray; place vegetable mixture evenly among the pan.
- Roast at for 30 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and begin to brown.
Serve one chicken breast topped with 1 tsp. Tzatziki Sauce and ½ cup Root Vegetables per serving.