Lemon Spaghetti with Chicken
Servings: 6 Serving size: about 2 cups
Prep time: 10 minutes Total time: 18 minutes
- 1 package whole wheat thin spaghetti
- ½ cup olive oil, divided
- 1½ cups asparagus, diced
- 1½ cups frozen peas
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- ½ cup reduced-fat Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp. black pepper
- 1 cup fresh basil, sliced into slivers
- Prepare pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- In a pan over medium heat, sauté the asparagus in 1 Tbsp. olive oil. Cook until tender, about 4 minutes. Halfway through cook time, add peas and cooked shredded chicken to warm.
- Whisk the rest of the oil, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice and lemon zest in a large bowl.
- Drain the pasta, reserving ½ cup of pasta water. Toss the pasta with the sauce and add pasta water as needed for desired consistency. Add chicken mixture.
- Season with pepper and basil and serve immediately.
- Total calories: 550 cals
- Total fat: 23 g
- Saturated fat: 3.5 g
- Protein: 29 g
- Total Carbohydrate: 60 g Dietary fiber: 11 g
- Sodium: 190 mg