Fettuccine with artichoke and red clam sauce is a modern take on an Italian classic that is loaded with plenty of flavor.
Artichoke Red Clam Sauce
- 2 1/2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp. shallots, peeled, chopped
- 1/4 cup cooking wine
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 16 oz. artichoke hearts in water, drained
- 1 1/4 cup marinara sauce
- 1 1/4 cup ocean clams, chopped, drained
- 2 1/2 cups cooked fettuccine (per pkg directions, omitting salt)
- 3 tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- 3 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 3/4 cup zucchini squash, matchstick
- 1 3/4 cup yellow squash, matchstick
- 1 1/2 cup red bell pepper, julienned
Fettuccine with Red Clam Sauce
- In a sauté pan, add the olive oil, garlic, and chopped shallots; sauté until fragrant.
- Add the wine, pepper, artichokes, marinara, and clams.
- Add the cooked pasta and heat through.
Mixed Squash with Peppers
- Steam or blanch the zucchini, squash, and red pepper for a few minutes or until slightly tender.
- Divide the fettuccine evenly among 5 plates; serve each with 1/2 cup mixed squash per serving.
- Garnish the fettuccine with fresh, chopped basil and parsley.