A vegetarian dish that provides the perfect kick of flavor, this Indian vegetable curry has a slightly sweet and mildly spicy taste.
- 2 1/8 tsp. olive oil
- 2/3 cup yellow onion, diced
- 2/3 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tbsp. green onion, diced
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme
- 3/4 cup carrots, diced
- 2 1/8 tsp. garlic, chopped
- 2 1/8 tsp. ginger purée
- 1 1/8 tsp. curry powder
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 1/3 cup water
- 3/4 each jalapeño
- 2 cup butternut squash, cubed
- 1 cup tomato, diced
- 2 cup zucchini, sliced
- 5 tsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 5 cups cooked brown rice
- Heat olive oil in a large pan.
- Add onions, red pepper, carrots, green onions and thyme; sauté vegetables until tender.
- Add garlic and ginger, sauté 3-4 minutes, add curry powder; sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add broth, scraping pan to loosen browned bits; add the water.
- Pierce pepper with fork; add to pan.
- Add squash, zucchini and tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil; discard pepper.
- Reduce heat; simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Cook brown rice according to package directions.
Serve 3/4 cup of Indian vegetable curry over 1 cup of brown rice per serving, garnish with fresh chopped parsley.