This short paved trail traverses the shoreline of Utah Lake featuring breathtaking views of Utah Lake and the surrounding wetlands. The trail provides easy access to Utah Lake on the west side of the path and is flanked by private homes on the east. This trail is wheelchair and stroller accessible and is suitable for children and adults of all ages and abilities.
The Utah Lake Center Street Trail is located at the west end of Center Street in Vineyard, UT. To reach the park from I-15 near Orem:
- Take Exit 271 for Center Street in Orem.
- Drive west on Center Street for 0.4 miles to Geneva Road.
- Turn left (south) onto Geneva Road.
- Continue 0.5 miles to 400 South.
- Turn right (west) onto 400 South and continue 500 feet.
- Turn right (north) onto Vineyard Road.
- Continue 0.8 mile to Center Street.
- Turn left (west) onto Center Street and proceed 0.8 miles to the parking area at the end of the road (40.29695,-111.76168).
From the parking area, begin hiking in either direction. The paved trail is about 0.6 miles long with the trailhead roughly one third of the way from the north end. As you walk, take note of the abundance of life along the shore of the lake. Countless birds and small animals thrive here amongst the lush foliage.
Once you reach the end of the trail, turn around and walk to the opposite end. If you feel like exploring further, leave the paved trail for a walk on one of several unpaved social trails that descend to the lakeshore. Total round trip hiking distance is approximately 1.2 miles.
- Dogs must be on leash.
- Clean up after pets.
- Pack out all trash.